Love Is In The Air
Designed By Judi Kauffman
Even though people plan weddings for every day on the calendar, somehow we
think of June as the most romantic month. I hope these projects will be
useful year round - any time a soft and gentle look is appropriate. The gift
tag can be used for a confirmation, quinceanera, or anniversary; the place
card would be fun for a baby shower, luncheon, or birthday party; and the
congratulations and thank you cards could be used for any occasion.
NOTE: Products used include Gel Xtreme pens from Yasutomo, Prismacolor pencils,
Fiskars star punch and deckle paper edger scissors, McGill 1/16" punch,
Ranger ink pad, and Scotch Adhesive Pen form 3M.
- Red Castle Rubber Stamps:
- Essential Words Plate 1 - #49300
- Essential Words Plate 2 - #49310
- Love Wedding Romance - #42171
- Pink, gold and white gel pens
- Colored pencils
- Card stock
- Star punch and deckle paper edger scissors
- 1/16" hole punch
- Ranger Adirondack dye ink pad - Denim
- Yarn, metallic cord
- Adhesive pen or glue stick
Instructions for all projects
Stamp all images and phrases with Denim ink. The flower trails at the tops
and sides of the cards are one section of a stamp only, not the entire stamp.
Choose ecru, ivory, or white card stock for the main images. Choose navy,
gray speckle, purple, pale blue or pink stock for the borders, message
blocks, and backgrounds.
Add soft blue to the backgrounds using a sponge and a light application of
Denim ink (darker on Thank You card).
Color images with pencils and add details with gel pens. Note that the
figures on the Congratulations card have a pale blue/purple skin tone (it's
not a problem with your computer screen, it's intended to give a vintage
Refer to photo for layering ideas.
Thank You Card -- The star-shaped holes on the Thank You card allow the navy
card stock to show through. Save the small punched pieces, move or turn them
over for white and lighter blue stars.
Place Card -- Crescent moon is cut in half. Three figures peek up from the
bottom front of the folded card, the remaining half extends from a slit cut
in the top (along the fold).
- Stamp a matching flower trail on the envelope
- Use the computer to generate names for the place cards instead of hand-done
- Stamp images in deep wine, bright raspberry, or another color for a totally
- The sheets of stamps have many other images and messages to use in addition
to or instead of the ones shown.
All brand names and product names are trademarks, registered trademarks
or trade names of their respective holders.